Don't be shy

Please don't be shy. I want to hear what you have to say, so please comment on my blog. You don't even have to agree with me, actually it will make the debate and conversation even more enjoyable if you don't. But if you do agree be sure to let me. I wish this blog to be a place where opinions can be expressed freely, ideas can be shared and stories can be told.
Melanie xxx

Thursday 19 January 2012

Politically correct equals being hypocrite too often!



First, I must say that I will be everything but politically correct in this blog. So for those who rather close their eyes than face the truth because it’s not as cute as they would want, you may want to skip this blog.

I'm just a bit tired about the volunteer blindness toward life and realities. For me being politically correct, end up 95% of the time being hypocrite. And the biggest lies and the ones we tell ourselves.

I hate it when I hear "Physical appearance is not important, it’s what's inside that count."  I'm sorry but it is important. Come on, the first impression that people get of you is what you look like. If you are dirty, well there's a good chance that you will be dirty at home and in your daily life. If you can't put any effort on yourself well how can I expect you to put effort in anything or anybody else?

It's a fact, when I see someone on the street or in a bar, or anywhere else for that matter, I don't see his amazing sense of humor or his friendly personality; I see his physique. And that's what most likely will decide me to talk or not to that person. I will agree with all of you who are going say, "Some people will become really beautiful once you know them." That's true. I’ll give you that. When it's the friend of a friend or the guy/girl from work because in those circumstances, the personality will quickly comes into play and will change your perspective. But if you are honest with yourself, you would have never spoken to half of those people without having first been introduced by a third party. It's just a fact. It's human instinct.

If you put five guys in front of me and tell me to choose with which one I want to go for a coffee, without knowing them at all, I will go for the cutest one. I think it's just natural. It might be an error but I will still go for it. Come on, if I can have the full package deal (cute and intelligent) why not give it a try. That cute guy might lost all his sex appeal the minute he’ll open his mouth, and I might have had a better time with that more average looking guy, but a fact remain, I would have gone for the cute guy first.

I think you are a liar and a hypocrite if you tell me that instinctively you would go for the little chubby in jogging pants with glasses. People are so desperate to look like a nice person but pretending doesn’t make you look nice it's just makes you a liar.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not that superficial. I am not saying that women must be a size 0 and dress up with top brand clothes to be sexy and beautiful. Quite the opposite, I think Queen Latifah is one of the most beautiful women out there and she is far from a size 0. I don’t think that every man must have a six-pack to look good either. But I believe in a minimum of self-respect and self-care.

I am just honest. I'm talking about the first impression and there's nothing that you can say that would change the fact, that the first thing everyone see about you is your physique. Then, if you're the guy/girl at work or the friend of a friend, you will have the chance to show your amazing sense of humor and your fantastic personality, and we might fall in love, get married, have children and the house in the 450. But can we all agree that it's not the personality that we see first. Love at first sight!!! Here you go, sight, not personality, not sense of humor: sight! Simply and only sight. The rest comes after. It might be sad but that's the truth, so let just face it.

Another thing that I hate to hear "Sex is not important in a relationship." Sorry, it's a huge part of it. That's the difference between your best friend and your partner. Your partner is suppose to be your best friend with options, so if there's no option, well sorry, but for me, you are friends not lovers. It would be like having a Ferrari but never drive faster than 50km/h. No, to get you kick with your Ferrari you need to drive it 150km/h on the highway.

Then there’s the people who says, "I would love you no matter what, even if you were totally poor and living on the street." Yeah right! That's cute in a movie or in a song, but can we all admit that reality is a bit different. The successful businessman will rarely go out with the cashier at Mcdo. And this doesn’t mean he is superficial, it just mean that we mingle with people that share our interest, ambition and passion. It’s part of the life’s rhythm. It’s easier to go along when you are on the same beat.

I hate that me saying those things makes me sound superficial, self-center and bother line discriminatory. I don’t believe that thinking those things without saying it makes you a better person. Quite the opposite, shouldn’t honestly prevail over looking good to the public eye.

It’s so sad. You can’t say anything anymore without the fear of being catalog superficial, disrespectful and sometime even being suit. There are so many associations to protect everyone and anybody “rights”. It would be a good thing if it wasn’t taken so lightly and people were not abusing it. Here’s the thing: you can’t please everybody. People don’t realize that by fighting for their rights, sometimes they remove someone else rights. How is that fair? But shut, we can’t say that because then we are call racist, discriminatory and worst.

I can’t say Merry Christmas anymore because it’s not politically correct for those who don’t celebrate Christmas. Here’s an idea: let me believe in Santa as I let you believe in any of your God.

As a francophone, I can’t say that I don’t give a damn that the new Montreal Canadian’s coach only speak English because it’s an insult to my roots. I should be screaming loud and clear that we are in Quebec and that French should be mandatory.

I can’t say that I don’t like Celine Dion because she worked so hard to be where she is and she’s from Quebec so she should be my pride and joy. Furthermore, I’ll be call jealous.

I can’t say that my friend is black. No she’s African American or a visible minority. Maybe it’s just me but I would rather being call black if that’s what I am than a visible minority. That’s sound a lot more discriminatory to me!

I have friends from all groups of ages, nationalities, religions and sexual orientation. They are all different and unique in their own way. I speak two languages and I love Christmas but to be politically correct,  I should say happy holidays, don’t use the word short, tall, chubby, fat, old, young, black, yellow or orange, don’t mention any religions, languages or sexual orientations, and praise everything from Quebec because that’s where I was born. Basically, I should wear blinkers like horses do, keep a tunnel vision and make sure I don’t deviate from the public opinion. God forbids, I would have an opinion of my own and express it!

Yeah I don’t think so. Now I can hear some of you screaming to scandal; calling me superficial or bitch. I guess it’s a question of point of view. I’ll wear the suit if it makes you feel better, but at least I am honest and I am not hiding myself behind that pre-made politically correct image to look good to your eyes. I assume myself and my thoughts, and if more people could to do that, we could avoid a lot of disillusions in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment